The Conservation committee (previously titled Grounds & Landscaping or Open Space) works with the allocated budget to enhance the common area landscaping of the community.
Some examples of duties are:
- make recommendations to the Board about when and where to plant more trees and plants within the community, mulching, seeding, etc.
- review the landscaping contract
- communicate with the landscaping company regarding any issues
Members: Jeff Akers, Mark Long
“Conservation Corner” – The Pond
Carol Joseph has been working on the pond to keep it healthy. Check back here for updates on Carol’s progress.
Acoustic Monitoring of Bat Populations
- Our tri-colored bats (PERSUB) have disappeared and no calls were recorded. These are the bats impacted by white nose syndrome.
- 2 calls recorded for federally endangered bats (Indiana bat (MYOSOD) and Gray bat (MYOGRI)), but not sure if these were just anomalies.
- 59 calls recorded for Hoary bats (LASCIN)
- 38 calls recorded for Silver-haired bats (LASNOC)